Sunday, December 13, 2009

Love Delivered

I was asked by Tudy, the mother of Terry, to help deliver the first finished quilt to her from the generosity of wonderful quilters in blogland. This great endeavor was organized by Laurie and we thank her very much. It looked like this when the box was opened.

Emily, her daughter, was right there by Mom's side. This is the embroidered label on the back of the quilt.

What a wonderful quilt this is.....gorgeous blocks and equally gorgeous quilting. Terry with her husband, John.

This is the extent of my tree this year. It is only about 4 feet tall and I have it on a small stool. I really love it and have a few of my favorite ornaments decorating it. Wish the light showed up better....they are soft and pretty!


7 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad you were there and got some pictures, too. Between Terry, Tudy, and you, it gave us lots of chances to see the quilt being given to the family. Thanks for doing that. I love the angels on your tree!!! CUTE idea to do that with the faces on them.

Terry said...

I was glad you got to be part of this special delivery Sandy! And I'm glad you got John in the one picture too! We don't have may of us together. Love your little tree! :0)

Mama Pea Quilts said...

What a colorful quilt! One anyone would be proud to have.

I don't care, big or small, all Christmas trees are lovely . . . each in their own way. So much fun to see pictures of people's trees!

Anonymous said...

Awww I'm so happy another blogger was able to help deliver the quilt!!

Your little tree is just too cute!

Jane said...

HOw lovely to be part of the delivery, it would have made it more special

Steve said...

Your Christmas trees are trending the way Grandpa K's used too! ;o)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your quilting is Beautiful! Love the one in your header. Thanks for reading along. I always tell someone who chooses to read along - Hope I don't get to boring for you. I will be back when have more time to look at more of your posts.