Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Decorating.....

I read somewhere recently (blogs are starting to run together in my head) about taking bunches of the same kind of decoration/ornament and putting them in Christmas containers or any pretty container for that matter. Freebie decorations from items in your home already....here is my version. I think Santa looks even jollier now!

My nativity and "Inn"......

This nativity is very special to me. My FIL made ceramics for years. He was very good in art and free hand drawing. I had had nativity sets before, but mostly made of plastic and our dogs "chewed" quite a few of the characters! The Christmas I received this set I was blown away. I had no idea he was doing this for the months before and was totally surprised and overcome! I treasure the many things from him that I use and decorate with. I hope he looks down sometimes and is pleased!


And this is my "Barney" tree. It sits on my kitchen table with all of my beagle ornaments on it. After I took this picture I saw that Barney's photo is on the bulletin board right behind it....couldn't have planned that better if I had tried!





4 comments:

Terry said...

Santa looks wonderful! Love the Barney tree! :0)

Mama Pea Quilts said...

I've been a lurker for a while and this is my first comment.

I love your little "Barney" tree. I've always wished I had a big enough house to have more than one Christmas tree as decoration. Maybe I'll just have to start getting a lot of very little ones!

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful gift! Love the 'Barney' tree, I could use that idea.

Pat said...

Your nativity is very beautiful. And the Barney tree is cute. Santa looks very happy the way you have him decorated!