Friday, April 9, 2010

Cold Sewing

This morning the temperature was 37 deg. after having a high of 86 deg. several days ago. I knew we weren't going to maintain those high temps in April, but it actually feels bitter this morning. Got a picture of my grape hyacinths with my new forsythia shoots in the background.


These are the blossoms on our Cleveland Pear tree....very early for these to be out this much.



A couple of tulip blossoms closed really tight this morning.



These are blossoms on the Bradford Pear....again a really early blossom time this year. Both of these pear trees do not bear fruit, just lovely blossoms in the Spring.


I hadn't sewed in several days...I was a little bummed because my sewing room was a disaster and I didn't have the drive to get it clean....until last evening! Some of my "bakery" in a blanket bag.

Some of my stash behind closed doors again. The piles are a little wonky, but still put away.


Mat is clear for action!



Sewing machine table and machine are cleared.



I may start this on the weekend or I might finish putting together one of the grandkids quilts. This layer cake will be used for Rachel's Pinwheel Sampler Quilt Along. I did not start when she began posting the patterns, but I really love the patterns and will work at my own pace.










9 comments:

Terry said...

We had some snow here this morning! Thankfully it didn't last long. Good for you getting your sewing room cleaned up, but I have to ask...how many jelly rolls and other "bakery" items do you have?? Looks like a lot in that blanket bag!! LOL

Jane said...

I was thinking the same as Terry, lol. We swapped weather with you. We've had it cold until yesterday, and now we have some warmth to be able to go out and enjoy

Maggey and Jim said...

Love the blooms and the fabric,, quite a stash,,,
Have a good weekend,
Maggey

Tudy said...

It sure was cold this morning and still now. It is hard to clean a sewing/craft area. I sure wish I had all those baked goods in my sewing room. HA HA

Jennifer said...

What pretty flowers! We don't have the right weather to grow any of those....perhaps grape hyacynths, if we are really lucky.

Sharon said...

Yes...spring is here as well! It got cold yesterday morning, but today turned out nicely. I spent the afternoon in the yard with my grandson...the tulips are blooming and the bradford pear is in full bloom...love this time of year! Have a great weekend!

Sheila said...

I can almost smell those blossoms! :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love seeing all of the lovely Spring photos! Oh my that's a lot of bakery goods.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Have fun with the pinwheel sampler. It's fun!!