Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guild Meeting

Last night was Quilt Guild meeting and this was the block I stitched for April....guess what, I didn't win the blocks this month either.


We started bringing gifts for our secret sister this month and this is what I got. The piping is wrap and fuse piping that looks really easy to apply. I just love the purse pattern. I read through it already and really want to make this soon....love it. And a little "sampler" of Frolic by Moda....love that line a lot too! Of course a gift wouldn't be complete without chocolate!

We had a hands on demo for the blanket stitch. I have done it before, but I always have problems with getting it started and looking good. I learned the right way last night. And we have a needle case in the end!




7 comments:

Tudy said...

Love the block and your gift was neat. I love to blanket stitch.

Pat said...

Nice gift from your secret sister!

Jennifer said...

Nice goodies in your gift! I gave up on doing the block of the month, because I sometimes would win.....and I have enough UFOs already. But that's a pretty one!

Terry said...

Oh I love Frolic! Your blanket stitch looks great. I wonder if I'm doing it right or wrong! LOL

Mama Pea Quilts said...

I have the same problem with doing the blanket stitch! I'm fine once I get started but I always forget the proper way to start and have to go look it up. I agree with Terry . . . yours look great!

Jane said...

There's always next month, lol. Your little gift package looks lovely, it will be interesting to put it all to good use

Kristen said...

Love the needle case! I can't start my blanket stitch either. They can get addicting and make great gifts. "Happiness is cross stitching" is a great blog for tons of ideas on this.