Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some sewing

Over at Heidi's blog she offered a kit for April's Friday Night Sew-In and I thought it was really cute. I sent for one and was planning on making it that night. Well, life got in the way and it didn't get made that night. I finished it today and love the way it came out. In fact I cut the canvas so frugally that I have enough to make another one, minus the roping. We supplied the lining also.



I'm going to carry it tomorrow for the 2010 Quilter's Fling Shop Hop my friend and I are going to go on. It is 13 shops in 13 days. I haven't done one of these in a long time. I am looking forward to visiting shops I have never been to before!

I also was working on one of the granddaughters quilts....finally putting the blocks into rows and soon the rows will be the quilt flimsy.

The red fabric will be an outer border and the ladybug fabric will be the back. I want to practice on small quilt sandwiches doing stippling before I attempt these quilts for the Grands. Barney the beagle needs a small quilt and I think his will be a practice also....just pieces of fabric sandwiched, no piecing for Barneys.





7 comments:

Terry said...

Have fun on your shop hop! :0)

Pat said...

Cute bag and nice quilt top going together for the "grand".

Jane said...

I bought the pattern for the bag, but haven't had a chance to make it yet. Hope yours comes back full from your shop hop

Barb said...

Your purse is soooooooooooooo cute.

Love the fabric, I have it in green.

Maria said...

Your bag is gorgeous and what fun to go to 13 shops in 13 days. Lucky you!!!

Just love the quilt you are making for your grandie.

I am sure Barney will love his quilt even though it is not pieced.

Marie said...

Shop hopping with a new bag can be dangerous for your health but good for your heart.

Enjoy - Marie

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

cute cute cute for all of it! have fun on your shop hop!