Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More travels

This was the shop that I had been waiting to visit. Oklahoma Quiltworks. An amazing shop with every kind and style of fabric that you might be interested in. Many patterns, notions and samples everywhere....a huge classroom also. This wonderful beauty is located about 20 minutes from my son's house....yahoo! I am sorry to say that I did not get one picture of the inside....I was so excited on Saturday when I went with my DIL that I was back out in the car on the way home when I thought of pics. Then on Monday when I went back to use my card that was filled on Saturday for a free $20 in purchases, (grin) I left my camera back at their house. Grrrr.I bought several yards of the Route 66 fabric, a kit Little Cruisers on Rt. 66 by Quilting Belle, 2 Crabapple Hill patterns, green yardage for the back of my HNP tablerunner, some pink FQ's and the most adorable kit, The Poky Little Puppy, which I am sure we all have had that book. The sample in the shop just blew me away so I went for it!

Last but not least is fabric that was the first thing I saw when I entered the store...Kiwi by Alice Kennedy for Timeless Treasures. Lately lime green has really called out to me and this combination of the green and black and white really called my name. I just love it. BTW, the folded fabric is 5, 1/2 yard pieces that the gal actually cut as one.....10 layers....wow, that blade was sharp!!!

And this is what I had for the first time....Fried Green Tomatoes....yummo....I brought the greenies from Ohio, but Debbie did the frying. Thought I had died and gone to heaven!





5 comments:

Steve said...

We should have made fried okra for you too!

Jane said...

Looks like you are having fun. You'll have plenty to do, by the look of it, when you get home

Anonymous said...

Great buys, Sandy.

Marj said...

Just stopped by to say hello, thanks for coming by my blog. Looks like you are having great time visiting with your family.

zigzago said...

Hello Sandy, nice to meet you. You did some great buys I see! I'll come back to see what you'll do with it! Hugs, Renata.