Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall Colors

Last night was Quilt Guild meeting for September. Our block of the month was this pattern done in Autumn colors. Whoever wants to make a block (or more) does, brings it to the meeting and we put our names in a basket and someone draws the winner of ALL of the blocks. I don't think my colors show up real well in this picture.....the outside color is a deep green and I think it looks more bluish here. Well, I didn't win, but enjoyed making this block and I LOVE the colors, so am making a bunch for me to perhaps have a lap quilt. The fabric is a LARGE stack by Kansas Troubles for Moda that I have had for quite some time. If you know Kansas Troubles color palette, then you will know why I love these. I don't have the name of the fabric line....it was a while ago!
I really like the way the pattern Disappearing Nine Patch turns out. I had a charm pack of Tranquility by Sandy Gervais for Moda and decided it was "Fall like", so used that. I really like the look of this table runner....so much so that I took it for Show and Tell last night.....a first for me! It was just the top, but I really love it. Now I just have to find a piece for the backing (hopefully in my stash) and get this done for my dining room table. Hello, Autumn!



5 comments:

Terry said...

Oh I just LOVE everything Kansas Troubles has put out!! The table runner is pretty too! I bought a fall placemat today for on the middle of my table, and it isn't even fall yet! LOL Now I just have to get my quilt top put together.

lissa said...

That is wonderful. You can never go wrong with Sandy Gervais's fall colors.

Jennifer said...

Pretty fall colours! We are having spring now, and you are heading into autumn.

Jane said...

I love the autumn colours, they have always been my favourite. That will make a lovely table runner

Linda said...

Hi Sandy, sounds like your taste in fabric is quite like mine. I have all those fabrics that you used (Kansas troubles). I was going to start a quilt about 2 yrs ago and stocked up on a quarter of a yd of all from lights to darks. It still sits. I have used some of the fabric in other quilts. I love the fall.