Monday, September 28, 2009

Cutting is work!

Look at how this gorgeous stack of Kansas Troubles, Seeds of Time, is getting shorter. I have had this for quite some time. Several years at least. If you remember I made September's Quilt Guild block from this fabric and made an extra one for me. (I knew I wouldn't win) I then decided to make a quilt for me with a lot of these fabrics....love, love, love them. Don't know how big it will be, but did a lot of cutting the past few days and have enough to make 35 blocks. They are 9" finished. We are leaving for a weeks holiday out to Oklahoma where my son and family live.....this will be the first thing on my "to do" list when I return.

I just love Queen Anne's Lace....I know that it is considered a weed, but when I find it growing around the yard, I usually leave it alone. I didn't get a really close-up shot of it, but it is made up of these tiny little flowers.....God gave us beauty with his free flowers!


Will post over the next week from different parts of the country....hope to have fun with hubby along the way!



7 comments:

Terry said...

Your blocks will be beautiful! I love anything from Kansas Troubles! Love the Queen Anne's Lace too! Have a great trip! :0)

StitchinByTheLake said...

Sandy last week a friend told us his daughter makes Queen Anne's Lace Syrup. I have no idea how but I think I'll google it. :) blessings, marlene

blushing rose said...

Queens Lace may be a weed but it sure gives a bouquet of flowers some classy class. It stands so regal.

Have a lovely autumn week. TTFN ~Marydon

Jane said...

What lovely blocks, look forward to seeing more of these when you get back. Have a great week

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful fabrics! I can't wait to see the quilt come together. Have fun traveling!

Vintage Sandy said...

Your quilt will be so wonderful w/ that fabric can't wait to see it love the Queen's Anne lace!

Lisa said...

i LOVE your blocks in Kansas Troubles! Can't wait to see the quilt done,the block is adorble! I have made 3 quilts using that fabric, it's just so homey to me!