Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's Still August!!

I said I was going to look for a certain color fabric to finish my August bom from Ellie. Well, I found just about what I had in mind at the quilt shop by the lake. Remember I said orange, pink and yellow....well, that is exactly what this is. I wanted something bright and this is. And yes, only 6 more days for this to hang....well, maybe longer here at my house. I just took down May to hang this today! (of course May is my birthday month and I loved the birdhouse that was the stitchery!!)

I thought I would post this picture I took several days ago at sunset time. I thought it was so unusual because these colors were in the SE sky and not in the West. It must have been some kind of reflection, but when I looked into the west I didn't see any color or anything special in that part of the sky. One of the mysteries of nature!



3 comments:

Terry said...

Congrats on getting your August block done before the end of the month! Pretty sky too! I think the color just depends on where the clouds are and where the setting sun is. We often have pretty color in the east at sunset.

Jane said...

What perfect colours for the August block. Enjoy it for as long as it is up

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love the stitchery! I just did an August wallhanging last week - at least we made it in August. :) blessings, marlene