Saturday, April 16, 2011

Play Day

Yesterday was a fun filled day of sewing. Once a month anyone that can from our quilt guild gets together on a Friday and sews at the community room of a local business....and it's free! This is the tables all set up with our essentials! Midge and Sue are both working on the cutest wool project for Easter.

Carol was doing hand applique on her blocks.




New to piecing was Darla and she completed this darling tablerunner with 3 friendship blocks down the middle and borders of the floral.




Dawn was piecing....and helping Darla.



Diana was making another grandkids quilt and this one was the Ninja Turtles....bright red and purple borders.




Sheila was working away on her Civil War blocks of the month......love the fabrics.


Carol S. was doing hand applique also...the flowers were padded and lovely!


As for me, I got another 12 Days of Christmas block done. Only behind by 2 now....maybe I can get those done this weekend. Just one more month to go for this and then I start putting it together....can't wait.




I also got 3 blocks sewn together for a dissappearing nine patch table topper that I am making out of Bliss....love that line...



5 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I see something very familiar! Bliss and D9 patches! I'm doing the same! I got 4 more blocks done but I need like 20 more! And I too am behind on the FQS BOM blocks. I think I'm 4 blocks behind.

Barb said...

Oh...that sounds fun and is even more fun to see what everyone is working on.

Sharon said...

OH...so much fun to have a play day with friends and fabric!

Anonymous said...

what beautiful projects Sandy

Mary Ann said...

How nice to see a fellow CWC BOM quilter! The business that allows you to meet for free is very kind - you're lucky!