Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sew-In

I got started a little later then I planned on for Friday Night Sew-In....you know how life gets in the way of your plans sometimes?? But I still played with my sewing machine and fabrics as I had NBA (Cavaliers) basketball on as my background "music". I chain pieced.....


Pressed.................



And wound up with these when I decided to call it a night. Everything is all cut for the whole quilt, so will work some more on this tomorrow. Today is hubby's birthday and grandsons Spring concert. Then back home for pizza and cupcakes.

It is National Quilting Day....maybe I will try and do at least another block later....and think about my fellow sewers from all over doing the same!


9 comments:

Maria said...

Well done Sandy. Love the blocks.

Happy Birthday /to your DH. Enjoy the concert too.

Oh I am coming to your house for cupcakes and pizza YUM!!

Terry said...

Love the blocks! happy birthday Sandy's hubby! :0)

Jane said...

A lovely combination of fabrics.
Hope you all have a lovely day

Jayne Honnold said...

Your blocks look great, and I'm a Cavalier fan, too! LBJ=MVP!

Linda said...

You go girl, better late then never.
I'm behind on my jellyroll blocks.
I have been under the weather again. I have walking pnemonia....

Valentina said...

How lovely!
Happy Quilting day to you, too! And a very Happy B-day to your beloved!
Valentina

Millie said...

Happy Birhday to your DH and Happy Quilting Day to you! Love your blocks.

Frou said...

Oh, these look great...will make a lovely quilt

Jennifer said...

Those are really lovely blocks, aren't they!