Monday, January 18, 2010

Movie Day

When it comes to going to the movies, I am pretty certain of the kind of flick I want to see. My favorites are comedies and/or romantic comedies. Other favorites are period dramas like what you can see on PBS and Masterpiece Theatre. I like action too, but not the blood and violence that some of these titles come with. Today was an exception....this is what I wore for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon.

My husband had seen this movie once with one of our grandchildren and raved about it. I decided that maybe I would give it a chance when I read a statement saying something about having to go light years away to find peace. Well, let me tell you, I loved this movie and highly recommend it.....didn't want it to end and also couldn't stop shedding tears. Well worth the admission price!

7 comments:

Pat said...

I am NOT a fan of science fiction, but I had someone (who also doesn't like sci-fi) tell me to see this movie. I guess I'll have to consider it....

GranthamLynn said...

I just found you guys. I love your friday night project. Your last photo was hilarious. Looked like me at the end of the day! I hope to join this week. Your string quilt is great too.
Have a great week.
Sherry

Maria said...

So pleased you enjoyed the movie.Had to be a great as it stars one of my countryman. LOL
An Aussie.

Julia said...

I also don't like Sci Fi, but this one was amazingly creative. My dd had heard it was very racially offensive. I really didn't think of that while watching it. If anything, I think it was along the story line of the "white man" taking away the land from the Amer. Indians. I think it showed the "white man" as foolish and ignorant. I hope it didn't offend any of my dear friends in any way.

A Colorful World said...

I have heard it's really good...won the Golden Globes, too. Will have to give it a look!

Carrie P. said...

My husband and daughter went to see it they loved it. They said I would like it too even though I am not a sci fi fan.

Fleurette said...

I loved the movie...its a must see