Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A stinky end to a great day!

My hubby and I went to vote and then had a relaxing afternoon shopping. I even got a few small gifts for Christmas...Kohl's had 50% off some items and then we got our "senior discount" of 15% on top of that. We ate out at Applebee's and then headed home....relaxed and happy. When we let our dogs outside, our standard poodle, Jack, encountered this....and it has been downhill ever since!!
P.S. I do have this great recipe for getting skunk odor out of dog fur though. I am sure there are numerous such recipes, but this is what has worked for us. 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 2 tbls. dish soap. Hubby is bathing him as I type!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh!! Egads!! Can't believe it's already time to Christmas shop....

Tudy said...

I have most of my shopping and projects finished.

Poor you and the dog. I have heard a lot of people say their dogs met a skunk this summer.

Kim said...

Yup, take it from me, that recipe is a winner. Used it twice this summer...Lucy never learns about skunks, lol. We were overrun with the little buggers!

Jane said...

Noticed Hubby gets the best jobs, lol. Not a problem we encounter here, thankfully

Terry said...

Uh oh! Glad you have a good recipe to get rid of the stink!

Linda said...

Hi Sandy, Wow!! Skunk and all. Thanks for the recipe. Hope I will never need it. Looks like I will be shopping late. Oh well sometimes that when you get the best deals... Don't you just love the senior discounts... bring them on.

Eileen said...

Oh NO! You are the second person this week that I've heard of that had a skunk encounter! I'll have to be very careful. Been down this road before too.. and it is the WORST thing.. especially if it's a house dog and the weather is cold. I used the same recipe. Hope all the stink is gone by now.