Monday, June 15, 2009

Ready for the Beach

Here are the 3 dresses for 3 granddaughters that I promised them I would make. We are doing the khaki/white theme for pictures on the beach. Hopefully they will like them...they are 6,7 and 9 years old....if nothing else they can wear them as nighties after pictures.


I wanted to show my new iron that I got from Sears over the weekend. Connie had shown a picture of this one that she had purchased for her retreat. Let me tell you, this iron is sweet! I really like the size for my little pressing area by my machine. It will be great for taking to the lake and/or traveling with my sewing. The very best part that I think is worth the whole purchase price of $22 is that it doesn't have auto off.....so much nicer when piecing and pressing.


5 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations on getting the dresses done! I had to enlarge the picture to see the stitching at the bottom...it looks great! Congrats on the iron too! :0)

Tudy said...

Good job on the dressed. Nice iron too.

Linda said...

Those dresses will keep them cool. Lucky girls

Jane said...

I am sure they will love their dresses

StitchinByTheLake said...

The dresses are darling - what a great picture that will be. And I love the iron. I've been looking for one that didn't cut off so I'm going to check this out. blessings, marlene