Friday, November 18, 2011

Tweet

This morning when I went out to run an errand I heard a bird call that I don't remember hearing before.  I spotted this guy in the tree and then hopping onto the feeder.  I have seen plenty of these types of woodpeckers, but don't think I have heard his "chirp" before.  Time to keep the feeders really full with that nasty white stuff coming soon!




Julie has relocated to California.  She is a great designer and has the best patterns.  She is living near Eleanor Burns' shop, Quilt in a Day, and will be teaching there this winter!  Julie had a giveaway of this quilt kit for a BOM  that Eleanor is featuring.  I won!!  I don't know whether I will do the pattern or not, but the yardage that came with it is fantastic.  What a stash builder.  Thanks Julie....good luck in California!  Thanks Eleanor for some great fabric.




7 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous bird! How lucky are you with that fabric win - a stash builder indeed.

Jane said...

What a hnadsome fellow he is

Abby and Stephanie said...

Not sure I've ever seen a woodpecker at our feeders. Great photo. Enjoy the beautiful fabric.

Terry said...

Beautiful bird! Love the fabrics you got too! Congratulations! :0)

Linda said...

Oh you lucky girl! Congratulations! Wo have woodpeckers that look like that here.

A Colorful World said...

LOVE your woodpecker! They can be such acrobats! Glad you caught him in the act! I have one that regularly drinks nectar from my hummingbird feeders (I know!)--he is a Gila Woodpecker, which is very common here in AZ.

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on your awesome win.
Hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving.
I know someone told yo what kind of woodpecker you have but I think you have a red bellied woodpecker. I have them where I live.
Here is a link to see more.
http://www.wild-bird-watching.com/red-bellied-woodpecker.html