Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Still Here

This is what I have been doing lately.....attending Spring band concerts. Ethan (with much shorter hair now) on percussion and Graham on trumpet. Same night, same school....whew.
On my birthday....thanks boys.

Mia in green shirt on flute.....another night, another school.

I have also been enjoying Spring flowers. I wish I had more.....have already written a note on the September page of my calendar to plant more bulbs this fall!

Of course blogger shot these photos out of sequence for me.....have been watching Mia's softball games also in the evening.

More color.....

I still have my Bliss DNP blocks waiting to be cut apart and sewn into a tabletopper or wallhanging....have not decided which yet.

When I was stitching on my Birdie Stitchery, Mia decided she wanted to stitch also....she already knows the backstitch. She went online, printed off some simple patterns, included her birthday month and put together a block.....and started stitching before she had to go home! We will be watching her and Oliver this summer, so maybe with her around I will get more sewing done!

Yeah, May still isn't done....if I can stop reading my latest novel, The Help, oh my is that a good one.....understand the movie is coming out later this year......I could probably finish this birdie before Wednesday when June comes out. We will see.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with friends, family or just sewing. Heartfelt thanks to all of our servicemen and women now and in the past who have given their lives so that we can have the freedoms we enjoy!


7 comments:

Julia said...

A busy mom with very talented children!!!

Barb said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday...and wow....you have been a busy gal.

Jennifer said...

What beautiful flowers! We can't grow lilac here. My - those grandies of yours certainly keep you busy, don't they.

Jane said...

You have been busy. I can imagine you and your grandaughter spending the summer sewing together. It will be lovely to see what she does with her block

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous bulbs. How much fun to have a granddaughter to teach crafting to and it much be fun attending all of the grandkid's events! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Maria said...

Nice to be keep busy with the kids. they grow up so fast.

Terry said...

I just got my May birdie block done today. Well...done stitching that is. I still need to sew it all up tomorrow. Nice to see Mia's stitching! :0)