Monday, July 12, 2010

Always read the Instructions

I really want to have this....the Nikon Coolpix S8000. I have seen it in action over here and really like the pictures and have gotten good reviews from its owner!



I have this camera and have really enjoyed it but didn't think it had any bells and whistles....wellll, I really should have read all of the manual when I got it several years ago. I found the basics and that is what I have been using. On another blog (can't remember where) they were talking about the Macro setting and the Portrait setting. This weekend I read my manual and guess what....I have those settings also!

I had a lot of fun playing with some of these new settings....





Amy, Mia and Oliver.



Grandpa and the kiddos!











I was really impressed with the quality of the closeness.





I still want to purchase the one above. It is 14 megapixel as compared to my 8 and the zoom is twice what I have now. I think that will be a present to myself soon!








7 comments:

Barb said...

Your flowers look awesome. I really need to take the time to read the manual for my camera...maybe I could give better pictures?

Jane said...

lol, one of my dad's favourites sayings was, when all else fails, follow the instructions.

Terry said...

I love close-ups of flowers! I have an older Nikon Coolpix and I love it! :0)

Unknown said...

what great pictures.....Like anything else, I never use all my camera features...I pretty much do the point and shoot thing....

Tudy said...

I thought only men did not read the directions. Great pictures.

Maria said...

Great photos Sandy. Maybe I should read my manual too.LOL

Abby and Stephanie said...

Yes, it's been helpful for me to read the manual on my Nikon. It defintely does more and better than my old Kodak Easyshare camera. Your flowers photos are beautiful.