I was tagged today by Connie to do a meme of 7 random things about me that you might not know. I just realized I hadn't posted in one week. I think it is because I haven't done any stitching lately nor finished my baby quilt. The weather was really nice around here and I have been helping with the mowing and such since hubby is really in a lot of pain with his shingles. It is 3 weeks now and no relief yet. Thank goodness for Vicodin.
Here are the interesting ?? things about me.
1. I was and am an LPN. I haven't practiced as one for quite a long time but did work in dental and medical offices until I "retired". Once a nurse, always a nurse. I love the medical profession and still remember so much....
2. I LOVE Italian food. I probably could eat some sort of this everyday. I don't have a speck of Italian in me, but love their food. Especially tomato based anything.....
3. I hated sewing until I was in my late 20's. That is when I took a Stretch n Sew classs and I loved it. Our 3 kids had matching t-shirts for quite a while during those years. My mom hated sewing and I didn't have anyone to guide me. I hated it in Home Ec. My grandma crocheted, but with the thread for doilies and I was 10 when she passed away, so needless to say I never learned that...until I was older and used yarn and loved it.
4. Last year, 2008, was our 40th wedding anniv. and I stitched a crazy patch pillow with machine embroidery celebrating the date. I found rice in the bodice of my wedding gown from 40 years ago and incorporated those 3 grains into a pocket on the pillow.
5. I hate coffee, unless it is White Chocolate Latte, decaf with lowfat milk from Starbucks. LOL
6. I have never traveled out of the continental USA (except Canada). I would love to see Hawaii, but that is about it. There is too much in the other states I haven't seen yet and would love to.
7. In this day of moving a lot and having to relocate, we have lived in our house for 31 years.
I'm not going to tag any particular person, but please join in and let me know a little more about you. No pressure, just fun.